Jason Mandel is a partner in the firm’s Real Estate & Transactional and Business groups and co-chairs the Firm’s Construction Law group. His transactional practice focuses on the areas of commercial real estate, financial services, private equity, mergers & acquisitions, venture formation, and general business representation, routinely representing buyers, sellers, landlords, tenants, lenders, borrowers, sponsors and developers in all aspects of sophisticated and complex commercial transactions. His commercial real estate practice involves a broad range of real estate asset classes, including commercial office buildings, hotels, multifamily properties, mixed use and other commercial and retail spaces. Jason’s practice has a significant focus on the representation of borrowers and lenders in a variety of commercial finance transactions of all shapes and sizes, including real estate and construction financing, acquisition financing, asset-based lending, and other forms of debt and equity financing. Prior to joining Kurtz & Revness in 1998, Jason was associated with a prestigious law firm in center city Philadelphia.
Jason is admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the District of New Jersey. He received his J.D. from Rutgers University School of Law – Camden in 1997, where he was a Hunter Advanced Moot Court Semi-Finalist and a member of the Moot Court Board. He received his B.A. from Rutgers College, Rutgers University, where he was a member of the Golden Key National Honor Society, and spent one year studying abroad at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rothberg School for Overseas Students.
Jason is a tortured Philadelphia and Rutgers University sports fan who lives with his wife and two children in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania. He enjoys playing tennis and softball and coaching his son’s Radnor Wayne Little League and Radnor Youth Basketball teams.
Recent Transactions of Note
- Representation of recapitalized borrower in connection with the $45MM CMBS/non-recourse financing of a 750+ key, full-service hotel in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Representation of seller of a 400+ unit apartment complex in Columbus, Ohio through the sale of partnership interests for $30MM, and handling of associated defeasance.
- Representation of purchaser and operator in the $200MM acquisition of a 780,000+ square foot telecommunications building (commercial office/co-location facility/data center) in Houston, Texas.
- Representation of sponsor and borrower in connection all structural and organizational matters, equity raise and $9MM CMBS/non-recourse financing of a 150 key, full-service hotel in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Local counsel engagements (handling discreet Pennsylvania and New Jersey issues; issuance of legal opinion letters) in high-end commercial real estate acquisition and financing transactions.
- Representation of several local and regional banks in various commercial real estate and asset-based financing transactions.